Cherry Pie Fries
- Let frozen pie crust thaw on counter for 5 minutes. Unroll one crust onto pizza stone or other sheet pan that can fit in refrigerator. Spread the puréed pie filling over the entire crust, leaving a 1/2” border. Carefully unroll and lay the other pie crust on top of filling.
- Brush beaten egg over top of crust and sprinkle with finishing sugar. Refrigerate for an hour or freeze for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and take chilled crust out and allow to rest a minute or two. If too cold (or frozen) the crust will crack. Use a pastry crimper or sharp knife and cut 3/4” strips. and then cut all in half. I placed the cut crust back in the refrigerator for another 10 minutes to firm up again.
- Bake for 18 minutes, or until tops are golden brown and flaky. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Mix the sour cream and powdered sugar with a whisk. Pour into plastic sandwich bag and make a small cut off one corner. Drizzle glaze over cooled cherry pie fries and allow to rest and set. Serve as is or store in airtight container.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.