Cherries Buckle with Key Lime Syrup
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F. Butter a 9-inch square cake pan.
- Cream butter, sugar and key lime zest together until light and creamy, about 3 minutes. (by hand with a wooden spoon or using an electric mixer)
- Add the eggs one at a time, fully incorporating.
- Mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in medium-sized bowl.
- Add half the flour mixture to the creamed, mixing just enough to incorporate.
- Add Greek yogurt, mixing in just enough to incorporate.
- Add the remaining flour mixture, mixing just enough so it’s barely incorporated.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes at 350 F.
- Or until the buckle is lightly browned on top and feels just set in the center. It should spring back lightly when you touch the center.
- Remove the buckle from the oven chill at room temperature. Make a crumb from the biscuit, put half in a mold, put cherries on top add the remaining crumb biscuit.
- Make the syrup by heating the key lime juice and sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat, cooking it until it thickens. It should take about 5 minutes. Don’t allow the syrup to brown.
- And pour the warm key lime syrup over it, letting it soak in.
- Put buckle in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Serve buckle slightly warm, garnished with almond.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.