Cheesy Bacon Twisters
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
- Roll out pastry dough onto a floured surface. Roll out until you have a nice thin square.
- Beat the eggs with a splash of water then brush the dough with the egg covering the whole square.
- Cover the dough with grated parmesan and gruyere cheese then season with dried thyme, salt and pepper.
- Take a rolling pin and roll the cheese into the dough until it’s pressed down.
- Using a pizza cutter, slice the dough crossways until you have made thin strips, about 1” across.
- Lay a strip of bacon over each strip and then twist the bacon around the dough until it’s taught and secure. Do this for each and then place on a greased baking tray.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until bacon is cooked and the dough is golden brown and crispy.
- Serve with a side of mustard.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.