Cheeseburgers with Aioli and Caramelised Onions
- In a large skillet, on a couple of tbsp of oil saute onion until soft and tender, about 3-5 minutes. Add cider vinegar and brown sugar, stirring occasionally, until the mixture becomes thick.
- Combine the mayo and garlic in a small cup and set aside in the fridge.
- Add a drizzle of olive oil to a large skillet and heat over MED-HIGH heat. Add hamburger buns, cut side down, and toast until golden brown. Turn off heat and remove to a plate to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, add ground beef, heavy cream and spices. Use your hands to mix gently until just combined. Form into 4 patties.
- Heat a drizzle of oil in the same skillet over MED heat and cook burgers about 5 minutes per side, or until cooked to desired doneness.
- The last minute of cooking, place cheese slices on patties and cover the pan with aluminum foil. Serve hamburgers on toasted buns with lettuce, tomato, bacon, barbecue sauce, aioli and caramelized onions.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.