Craving something cheesy? We got you covered!
- Make a batch of instant Pot Carnitas, we recommend using this recipe from The Roasted Root.
- In a medium-sized pot over medium heat, warm the oil until it’s hot enough that a light sprinkle of the flour/spice mixture sizzles on contact. Cook the onion and pepper until onion becomes translucent and then add the garlic.
- Pour in the canned tomatoes and all the spices.
- Raise heat to medium-high and bring the mixture to a simmer, then reduce heat as necessary to maintain a gentle simmer. Cook, whisking often, for about 5 to 7 minutes, until the sauce has thickened a bit and add in salt and pepper to taste at the end.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Pour 1/3 cup of enchilada sauce in the bottom of a large 13” x 9” casserole dish and spread it around to coat the bottom of the dish.
- Transfer 1.5 cups of sauce into a large mouth bowl. Dip one side of a tortilla into the sauce to coat the full surface.
- Add desired amount of carnitas meat to the center of the tortilla. Fold the tortilla over the meat to create an enchilada. Repeat for remaining meat and tortillas.
- Pour any remaining enchilada sauce from the bowl you used to dip the tortillas over the enchiladas, then pour all of the rest of the enchilada sauce over the enchiladas evenly.
- Sprinkle the grated cheddar and Monterey Jack over the enchiladas.
- Bake on the center each of the oven 20-30 minutes, until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbly.
- Remove enchiladas from the oven and allow them to cool 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with parsley or cilantro and some fresh shredded cheese.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.