Caprese Chicken with Hasselback Potatoes
Looking for an addition to your comfort food list? Try our Caprese Chicken with Hasselback Potatoes!
- Wash well and dry the potatoes. Cut parallel slits into each of them, stopping just before you cut through so that the slices stay connected at the bottom of the potato. Brush them with olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Bake on a preheated oven at 392°F for around 20 minutes.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven, season with more salt and pepper to taste, brush again with olive oil and place small rosemary branches between the potatoes layers. Return to the oven for 20 more minutes. Check the potatoes with a wooden stick if they are soft inside, if needed, adjust the baking time accordingly. Reserve.
- In an oven-safe skillet, heat in over medium heat and add the olive oil once it’s hot. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Brown on both sides (but it doesn’t have to be cooked through). Top with the sun-dried tomatoes and cheese slices. Transfer the pan to the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and cheese is melty.
- Top the chicken with basil and balsamic reduction.
- The balsamic reduction can be made by simmering about a cup of balsamic vinegar over medium heat in a small saucepan. When the liquid has reduced significantly and coats the back of a spoon, you can remove it from the heat.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.