Cajun Chicken Mac and Cheese
- Pound out chicken briefly between saran wrap. Season both sides of the chicken with Cajun seasoning.
- Heat oil in a non-stick skillet on medium heat and swirl oil to coat. Add chicken and cook for 5 minutes, flip and repeat. Remove from heat.
- Slice chicken and cover to keep warm and set aside.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter & add garlic.
- Add the flour and whisk constantly for 1-2 minutes (or until the mixture turns light brown).
- Remove from heat and gradually pour in the warm milk, whisking constantly.
- Return the pan to the heat, whisk another 3-5 minutes, or until thickened.
- Add the Cajun seasoning and stir to combine.
- Add the cheeses, stirring to melt.
- Pour the sauce over the top of the cooked elbow macaroni. Stir to combine.
- Add diced tomatoes and stir to combine.
- Top with the sliced chicken breast
- Season with salt and pepper, and top with chopped parsley.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.