Butternut Squash & Roasted Garlic Goat Cheese Bruschetta
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Slice the top of a head of garlic off so that the cloves are exposed and remove as much of the paper as you can. Drizzle the cloves with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, and wrap the head tightly in aluminum foil. Roast the garlic until the cloves are caramel in color, about 45 minutes. Allow the garlic to cool completely before squeezing out the cloves. Set aside.
2. Roast Squash: Meanwhile, chop the butternut squash into a 1/2″ dice by peeling the squash with a vegetable peeler. Trim the bottom and top of the squash with sharp knife. Using the neck of the squash only, slice the squash horizontally into 1/2″ thick large slices. Chop each slice into 1/2″ matchsticks, line the matchsticks up, and proceed to chop them into a 1/2″ dice.
3. The butternut squash is cubed, and roasted until it is soft and slightly caramelized.
4. Using a small food processor, combine the goat cheese with the roasted garlic cloves. Pulse until well combined . Season mixture with salt and pepper.
5. In a small bowl, toss the basil with the balsamic vinegar until just lightly coated. Toast the bread slices in a toaster. Allow the toasted bread to cool completely (otherwise the goat cheese will melt). Spread a thick layer of goat cheese onto each slice of bread. Top with a handful of basil, and then a large spoonful of roasted butternut squash. Serve immediately.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.