Buffalo Bacon Tater Tot Pie
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Scrub potatoes and cut into large cubes. Put in a medium sized pot; fill with cold water and 1 Tbsp salt. Bring to a boil.
- Parboil potatoes until they are tender, drain and let them cool slightly. Grate them in a food processor and squeeze out excess liquid.
- Place potatoes in a large bowl and lightly mix in cornstarch, salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powde
- Add vegetable oil to a ½ in. thick heavy bottomed skillet and set over medium heat.
- When oil is hot, form thumb-sized balls of the potato mixture and fry until a golden brown color is reached, about 15 sec. each side.
- Drain excess oil off on paper towels,and let tots cool. Place a layer on the baking sheet, transfer to the oven and bake until crispy. Able 15-20 minutes turning over once.
- For Buffalo Bacon Tater Tot Pie: Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a pie dish that is lightly coated with cooking spray place tater tots and press down on them lightly. In a medium sized skillet place diced bacon and cook until crispy removing from skillet and pat drying with a paper towel to remove excess oil. Top the pie dish with bacon and cheese, bake until the cheese melts (about 5 minutes). While baking combine sour cream and buffalo sauce. Drizzle the pie with the buffalo sauce mix and top with freshly cut chives.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.