Brown Butter Pumpkin Alfredo
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Heat a large skillet with sides over medium-high heat. Add 4 tablespoons butter and allow the butter to brown, stirring often about 3-5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 15-30 seconds or until fragrant, then slowly pour in the milk, heavy cream, and pumpkin puree. Whisk until smooth. Bring the sauce to a gentle simmer and cook for 5-10 minutes. Stir in the pecorino Romano, 1/2 cup Swiss-style cheese and nutmeg. Season with salt + pepper.
- Boil the fettuccine until al dente. Drain and add directly to the pumpkin Alfredo sauce. Cook until warmed through, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a skillet over medium heat and add 2 tablespoons butter. Add the Swiss-style cheese slices and cook 2-3 minutes per side or until a crust forms and the cheese has “fried”. Remove the cheese from the skillet and add the sage, fry for 30 seconds. Remove the skillet from the heat.
- Divide the fettuccine among plates and top with fried cheese + sage. Drizzle with any browned butter left in the pan. Eat!
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.