Braised Short Ribs
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- In a dutch oven heat some olive oil on medium heat.
- Season both sides of the ribs with some salt and pepper. Add the ribs to the oil and sear on each side for a couple minutes. Remove from the pot and set aside.
- Add in the chopped onion, carrots and garlic and cook down for a few minutes. When that’s cooked down a bit go ahead and add in the red wine and tomato paste. Give that a nice big stir, while deglazing the pot.
- Next add bay leaves and the water and stir well. Bring that up to a low simmer and then add the ribs back into the mix, coating them down into the pot.
- Place the dutch oven into the oven and cook for 3-4 hours until the ribs are falling apart.
- When the ribs are nice and cooked and falling off the bone, take them out and remove the bones and place them back into the pot, which is now back on the stove to stay warm. In a serving dish place some mashed potatoes (optional) and then a nice big heap of the meat and broth over them. Top with a small drizzle of hot chili oil and some fresh chopped parsley. Serve right away while still warm.
Braised short ribs
April 26, 2020