- Bake and cool your favorite brownie recipe. Cut into rectangles. Take a piece of paper and scissors and make a pattern for your brownie. You want the paper to cover three sides of each brownie to create a cover.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, add 1 color of candy melts. Microwave for 30 seconds and stir. Microwave for 10 additional seconds and stir until melted. Adding 10-second increments to your bowl if necessary.
- Add 1/8 cup corn syrup to the candy melts and stir. The melted candy will begin to harden and almost be dough-like. Set onto wax paper to cool.
- Repeat with the remaining two colors.
- When candy clay is cooled, wrap tightly in plastic wrap and let sit for a few hours.
- When you are ready to wrap your books with their covers, begin by unwrapping one color at a time and kneading it on a surface dusted with corn starch. The clay will be very hard, and you’ll wonder if you did it right, but you did. Consider this a bonus arm workout. Knead the clay and it will soften.
- Flatten into a pancake shape and place on a cornstarch surface and roll the candy clay to about 1/8″ thick.
- Use your paper template and the backside of a butter knife to cut out rectangles. Use a turner to pick up the book cover from the table. Dust off the cornstarch. Wrap rectangles around the clay. When finished add the worms.
- Hopefully, your worms are a little stiff. Use a sharp knife and cutting board to attach your worms to the covers. You’ll have to try a few different angles and use a little water to attach the worm to the book. When finished, use black sparkle gel for eyes.
- It really depends on the size of your books as to how many this makes. I did not use the edges of my brownie since they were higher than the rest of the pan and I made large books. I had 12 brownies.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.