Blondie Brownies with Vanilla Ice Cream
- To make the brownie mix, prepare a 8 x 8 square baking pan lined with parchment paper. Allowing the paper to hang over the edges so you can lift it out.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Melt down the butter in a bowl and then add in the sugar and mix together. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Once cooled, add in the egg, vanilla and whisk until smooth.
- In another bowl mix the cocoa powder, salt, baking powder and flour and then stir that into the wet mix. Stir in the chocolate chips and then set aside.
- Make the cookie batter by melting down the butter in a bowl and then add sugar and mix and let cool for 5 minutes, same as how you did the brownies.
- Add in the eggs, vanilla and whisk until smooth.
- In a separate bowl add the flour, baking powder and salt and mix until smooth then fold in the chocolate chips.
- Using a rubber spatula scoop the brownie batter into the pan first spreading evenly. Then take tablespoons of cookie batter and place down on the top of the brownies in rows.
- Place in the oven and bake for 35-38 minute or until middle comes out clean on toothpick.
- Let cool and then cut into squares.
- Top with vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce.