If you love all things buffalo or you’re in search of a truly healthy low-carb appetizer, this recipe is for you.
Baked Buffalo Cauliflower recipe transforms the spicy, crispy buffalo chicken wings attributes we love so much into an incredibly delicious dish, indulging your healthy veggies. It is made with simple ingredients and is one of the easiest recipes you’ll see on the internet. Dip in rich, creamy blue cheese for extra flavor and serve your family – you sure would get a couple of thumbs up!
- Cauliflower: This is the main ingredient. You can buy pre-packaged cauliflower florets or a whole head of cauliflower and break it yourself.
- Panko breadcrumbs: They are light, crispy, and important in attaining a crispy exterior. Spices: This recipe needs the same spices for buffalo chicken wings – black pepper, onion powder, paprika, salt, and garlic powder.
- Water: Used as the second part of the base for the wet batter to lighten the weight of the milk.
- Flour: The whole process involves making a wet batter and you’re going to need flour for that. The batter is used to coat the cauliflower to give it the crispy exterior of buffalo chicken wings.
- Milk: This is used as a base for the wet batter, any kind of milk will do the trick.
- Hot sauce: Sauce used should have a balance of salty and spicy.
- Lemon juice: Needed for that irresistible fruity flavor.
- Butter: Add some butter to your sauce for that smooth feel.
How to make Buffalo Cauliflower
- Make the batter: Place flour and spices in a bowl. Whisk carefully in milk and water. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Dredge the cauliflower: Smear the cauliflower in the batter using tongs and use a slotted spoon to strain surplus batter from the cauliflower. Fill a zip lock bag with panko bread crumbs and place the cauliflower in it. This step is done in batches.
- Smear cauliflower in bread crumbs: Now that the cauliflower is in the zip lock bag, shake the bag until the florets are evenly smeared. Using tongs, transfer the cauliflower to a medium or large baking sheet. Repeat previous steps till you smear all cauliflower.
- Bake: Next, put the cauliflower in the oven and bake at 425 degrees until golden brown and crispy. This should take about 30 minutes.
- Place in the sauce: While the buffalo cauliflower is in the oven, make the sauce. Get a medium bowl and add sauce, lemon juice, and butter. Place in the microwave till the butter melts, whisk and set aside.
- Lastly, immediately the cauliflower gets crispy, transfer to the bowl containing the sauce and then place on a platter. Serve with your choice of dips and enjoy with loved ones.
Note: Ensure you line your baking sheet with foil to make sure your buffalo cauliflower comes out nice and crispy.
Serving suggestions: Buffalo Cauliflower is best served immediately and for the sauce; frank’s hot sauce is recommended. Cilantro Ranch also makes a perfect dipping sauce.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.