Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf Poppers
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.
- On a silicone mat on a baking sheet, lay out 4 slices of bacon in a row, then weave the other 4 pieces of bacon through these like a weave, going over and under every other time. Par-cook bacon for 10 minutes. Let cool while finishing other steps.
- Dice white onion and jalapeños (use as much as you like depending on how hot you like it!) Remove the seeds from the jalapeños unless you like it spicy.
- In a pan over medium heat, cook diced white onion until just starting to brown. You can also cook the jalapeno if desired. Let cool.
- In a bowl, beat 1 of the eggs to a homogenous mixture, then fold in cream cheese, cheddar cheese, minced jalapeno, and white onion. Mix well to combine. Refrigerate until ready to use (this will keep it firm).
- In a separate bowl, mix together the ground beef, 1 egg, 1 ½ tsp ground coriander, salt and pepper.
- Season the bacon weave with black pepper
- Lay ground beef on top of the bacon weave, creating a thin layer.
- Layer the cream cheese mixture on top of the ground beef, leaving about 1/2″ on all sides.
- Once the cream cheese is layered on, take the two sides of the meatloaf and bring together, almost rolling it, until you can wrap the ends of the bacon on the other side to “close” the bacon around the ground beef.
- Bake at 425 for 15-20 minutes until ground beef is cooked through. If the bacon isn’t as crispy as you want, I would recommend putting under the broiler for just a few more minutes, but keep an eye on it, as you don’t want to burn the bacon after going through all the trouble.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.