Bacon Avocado Egg Bake
- Pre-heat oven to 425°F.
- Crack the eggs in individual bowls, careful to not puncture the yolks. Set aside. You can crack the egg directly in the avocado later, but it might overflow and make a mess.
- Cut avocado in half and carefully remove seed. Depending on how big the seed is, the hole in the avocado should be big enough for one small egg. But if the hole looks too small, scoop out a little at a time until it matches the amount of egg.
- Make aluminum foil rings to hold the avocados level. You need to keep the avocado from tilting so that the raw egg does not spill out. Look out photos to see how we did it. In medium baking dish, lay foil ring, and rest the avocado half on top so that the avocado doesn’t tilt over. Press down on foil if needed to align the avocado.
- Carefully place the eggs into the avocado seed cavities ~ If you aren’t sure if the cavity is big enough to hold all the egg whites, this technique will be useful: With a spoon, gently scoop out one of the yolks and place it into the hole of the avocado. Then continue spooning the egg whites into the avocado hole until it’s full. Repeat for other avocado half.
- Add salt and fresh cracked black pepper on top of the eggs, to taste.
- Carefully place the baking dish in oven and bake for about 15-30 minutes, or until the eggs are cooked to your preference. Baking time will vary depending on how much egg you have and how big your avocado is. So keep checking the egg to see if it’s cooked to your desired consistency. Sometimes we bake them for less time because we like runny egg yolks.
- Sprinkle crumbled bacon on top. Spread the avocado/egg onto toast. Add addition salt and pepper to taste, chopped tomatoes, hot sauce, if needed. Enjoy!
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.