- In a food processor, combine flour, cubed butter, powdered sugar and a pinch of salt. Pulse until dough starts to ball together. Pour dough onto a lightly floured surface and form into a flat disk. Wrap in plastic and transfer to the fridge for at least an hour.
- In a saucepan, add Sun-Maid Mediterranean Pitted Dried Apricots, sugar and water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until all water has been absorbed. Transfer to a food processor and blend until smooth. Transfer jam to the fridge until ready to assemble.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough and place into a 9 inch tart pan. Use a small knife to cut off any excess crust. Cover the crust with parchment and place pie weights in the middle. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove the pie weights and parchment and bake for an additional 5-7 minutes, until the crust is golden brown.
- While the crust cools, make the filling. In a mixing bowl, cream together the mascarpone, powdered sugar and almond extract. Once smooth, mix in ¼ cup of the apricot jam until fully incorporated.
- Remove the crust from the tart tin. Fill with a layer of apricot jam then top with an even layer of filling.
- Garnish with whipped cream and chopped almonds. Slice, serve, and enjoy.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.