A yummy recipe made just for you.
To have apple thyme chicken is to have a good time. Apple thyme chicken is the ideal recipe to transform your fresh apples, thyme, and delicious chicken into an unforgettable meal.
This recipe is particularly popular during fall because there are usually loads of apples available. Fresh apples are a key ingredient; they contain tasty juices which mix with the balsamic to produce a highly rich in flavor luscious sauce which is used to coat the chicken generously before serving.
Besides apples, other ingredients needed are; chicken breasts, shallot thyme, and balsamic glaze. The balsamic glaze or reduction is a thick scrumptious syrup made from balsamic vinegar. It can be bought or made depending on your preference and how much time you’ve got on your hands.
Apple thyme chicken makes a perfect choice for dinner. The ingredients are healthy too – thyme is a fresh herb that contains vitamins C & A and it enriches the dishes with incredible flavor. Apples contain vitamins and fiber and helps reduce the risk of obesity, diabetes and heart disease and chicken are a good source of proteins, vitamins, and, minerals.
This recipe is pretty easy to make, all you have to do is salt and pepper the chicken breasts, throw in some freshly chopped thyme, then adorn with thinly sliced fresh juicy apples and drizzle with sweet and alluring balsamic glaze.
Make sure not to over bake the chicken so it remains tender. Baking time should be about 30 minutes give or take, depending on the thickness of your chicken breasts. If your chicken breasts are of uneven thickness, you can pound them out so they have similar thickness – they’ll cook more evenly and will be done at the same time.
This recipe is a big score for families. Your family deserves a great and healthy meal with the very best ingredients, try it out today and thank me later.
- Boneless chicken breasts – 2 pounds
- Salt and pepper
- Granny Smith apples (cored and very thinly sliced) – 1 or 2 medium
- Minced shallot – 1 medium
- Chopped fresh thyme leaves – 1 tablespoon
- Balsamic glaze – 1/4 cup
- Fresh thyme sprigs (garnish, optional)
- First, preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Use nonstick spray to lightly spray a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Carefully rinse the chicken breasts, pat dry and add salt and pepper.
- Place in the prepared dish in a single layer.
- Now, adorn the chicken over and around with the apple slices. Throw in some shallot and thyme and then drizzle the balsamic glaze on top.
- Bake for 25 to 35 minutes, until chicken is opaque throughout.
- Arrange the chicken on a platter and spoon the apples and juices on top. Garnish with fresh thyme, if desired. Serve immediately.