Antioxidant Granola Bars
- Process dates in a food processor until small bits remain (about 1 minute). It should form a dough like consistency.
- Toast your oats and almonds if raw at 350°F oven for 10-15 minutes or until slightly golden brown.
- Place oats, almonds, and dates in a large mixing bowl, set aside.
- Warm maple syrup and almond butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir and pour over oat mixture and then mix, breaking up the dates to disperse throughout.
- Once mixed, transfer to an 8×8 inch baking dish lined with plastic wrap or parchment paper so they lift out easily.
- Press down firmly until uniformly flattened and cover with parchment paper or plastic wrap and let them firm up in the freezer for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove bars from the pan and chop into 10 even bars. Store in an airtight container for a few days. May be left in the freezer for extra freshness.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.