Quick and Easy Recipes: Bubble Pizza
By Jenny Pham
Ah, pizza. What constitutes something as a pizza? Usually it’s a flattened piece of dough topped with sauce, cheese, and whatever toppings your heart desires. However, people have gotten more and more creative over the decades and have strayed away from the standard “pizza”. From Nutella pizza to bagel bites, deep dish, and even pizza dip, there certainly are no boundaries. Some people prefer their pizza paper thin while others prefer it thick and doughy. We don’t discriminate when it comes to pizza but we’re carbing it up today – let’s dig into some Bubble Pizza.
No, it’s not the random hollow bubbles that you see on a pie of pizza. These pizza bubbles are filled with chewy dough and that will leave you hungry for more. We’re breaking away from the traditional pizza recipe and taking it to the next level.
Bubble Pizza is basically the savory sister of Pull-apart Monkey Bread. These globs of cheesy, saucy, pillowy biscuit dough bites may cancel thin crust pizza from your life. This quick and easy recipe does not require anything to be made from scratch so if you’re in a time crunch or just really craving pizza and need it stat, this recipe is perfect for you.
We’re keeping it simple and baking this pizza with sauce and cheese, but feel free to top it off with any toppings you please.
- 1 (12 oz) roll of store bought biscuit dough
- 1 cup pizza sauce or any sauce of your choice (e.g., pesto, vodka, etc.)
- 1 1/2 cups of your cheese of choice; we’re going with shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese shredded
- Toppings as desired (feel free to go crazy with this step!)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Separate biscuit dough from each other and cut each biscuit into fours using kitchen scissors or a knife (triangle pieces)
- Toss the biscuit pieces, sauce, ½ cup of mozzarella cheese, and ¼ parmesan cheese in a large bowl until well coated
- Place the coated biscuit pieces into a 9×9 pan and bake until lightly browned (about 15-20 minutes)*
- Sprinkle the remaining cup of mozzarella cheese onto the pizza and bake until cheese is melted (about 5 more minutes)
- Remove from oven, let cool, and pull apart to enjoy!
*If adding toppings, place toppings onto the coated biscuit pieces before baking.