You’ve Gotta Try This Omelet In a Bag Recipe
By Cooking Panda
This easy omelet recipe ensures that your omelet rolls out flat instead of accidentally scrambled. It can be good for just one, or for an entire family’s omelets. This recipe is especially useful for picky eaters and is a great way to individualize an omelet.
- 1 tablespoon chopped green bell pepper (optional)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tomato (optional)
- 1 tablespoon chunky salsa (optional)
- 2 fresh mushrooms, sliced (optional)
- 2 eggs
- 2 slices ham, chopped (optional)
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion (optional)
- Crack the eggs into a large, resealable freezer bag. Press out most of the air, then seal. Shake or squeeze to beat the eggs.
- Open the bag, then add ham, cheese, onion, green pepper, tomato, salsa and mushrooms. Squeeze out as much of the air as you can and seal the bag again.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Place up to eight bags at a time into the boiling water and cook for exactly 13 minutes. Open the bag and let the omelet roll out onto a plate. The omelet should roll out easily.