Worm Allegedly Discovered Inside Happy Meal Chicken Nugget
By Cooking Panda
A mom was shocked when she took a bite into a McDonald’s chicken nugget and discovered a worm trapped inside.
Nikki Sanders says she bought the McDonald’s nuggets for her 4-year-old daughter, but when the little girl turned the meal down, she decided to eat it herself. When she took a bite of one nugget, however, she quickly lost her appetite, as a worm clearly emerged from the batter.
“I’m very fussy about what I eat and when I saw what was in the McNugget I went white,” Sanders said. “I’m just thankful Emily decided she didn’t want her Happy Meal. One good thing has come out of this, though. It’s turned me off processed meat. I’m eating a lot healthier now.”
Neil, Nikki’s husband, decided to post a picture of the worm inside the chicken nugget on Facebook, and quickly, the post went viral.
“It looks like a worm, but I can’t swear it’s one until tests have been carried out,” Neil said. “Whatever it is, it shouldn’t be in there.”
Neil says he went into the McDonald’s where the nuggets were purchase and complained, and the employee told him they’d get it “sorted out.”
“I don’t want a voucher,” Neil noted. “I want an explanation. The worry is, that was the first one Nikki had bitten.”
After handing the nugget to the store for testing, Neil got a response from McDonald’s, who vowed to handle the situation.
“We are sorry for Mr. Sanders’ experience when visiting our restaurant,” McDonald’s said. “Food safety is our highest priority and both our restaurants and our suppliers place great emphasis on quality control and follow rigorous standards in order to avoid imperfections in our products. We have launched an investigation following the reporting of this incident, and the object will be sent to a specialist for identification. We will be in touch with Mr Sanders once this investigation is complete.”Chicken Nugget, fast food, food, mcdonald's, worm