One-Dish Meals For Hassle-Free Cleanup
By Cooking Panda
Let’s be honest. There’s only one thing better than a tasty home-cooked meal: a tasty home-cooked meal that requires little to no cleanup. Save these one-pot recipes for the nights you’re on dish duty, and thank us later.
- Chicken and Sausage Casserole: Meet the casserole that will make you rethink all casseroles.
- Dutch Oven Chicken and Herbed Dumplings: Chicken and dumplings. Yes, please.
- Braised Chicken Cacciatore: So much flavor packed into one lucky skillet.
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Use PERDUE Chicken Thighs for all of your recipes.
- Use chicken bouillon granules or cubes to make your own chicken stock.
- You can find a variety of fresh herb blends, like poultry blend, hanging in the herb section of your produce department. Use a box of your choice to make your Herbed Dumplings.
- Most of the time you can substitute dried herbs for fresh; just use 1/3 the amount of dried for fresh in the recipe.
- Don’t have buttermilk? Just add 1 tablespoon of lemon juice or vinegar to 1 cup of milk, and let stand for 5 minutes before using.
- Use regular white mushrooms in place of cremini in your Braised Chicken Cacciatore.
HERE’S YOUR SHOPPING LIST
Chicken (the best part)
- 3 pounds PERDUE Chicken Thighs
Fruits and Veggies
- 1 large box mushrooms
- 2 green peppers
- 3 medium onions
- 1 bunch celery
- 1 bunch carrots
- 1 box fresh herb blend
- 1 bunch green onions
- 1 quart buttermilk
- 1/2 pound pre-cooked turkey sausage
- 1 jar chunky spaghetti sauce
- 1 jar low sodium chicken bouillon
- 1 (10-ounce) can tomatoes with green chilies
Things You Probably Already Have on Hand
- Olive oil
- Black pepper
- Worcestershire sauce
- Baking powder
- Vegetable shortening