Make The Craft: DIY Stamped Tea Towels
By Cooking Panda
Looking to jazz up your kitchen? Try something fun and make these adorable and easy DIY Stamped Tea Towels. Make them look however you want and keep them for yourself or give them out as gifts. It’s also a great way to use up fruit and veggies that are just a little bit past their prime. Don’t let them go to waste!
– Lay out newspapers or paper bags to keep paint from getting on your surface.
– For the fruit or vegetables: Wash and cut them in half to expose a neat surface to use
as a stamp. Press them onto a paper towel to remove any excess moisture.
– If using a potato, cut out a shape. If using citrus fruit, cut in half. If using corn, no need to cut, just attach something to the ends to make it rollable.
– Lay the tea towel onto your work surface.
– Apply a light layer of paint to your stamp with a paint brush.
– Press your stamp onto the tea towel carefully.
– Repeat across the towel in whatever pattern desired.