Dunkin’ Donuts Candy Cane Cake And Donut Wall!
By Cooking Panda
The holiday season is upon us, which means you’re probably looking for fun, easy and delicious party ideas! Well we’ve got you covered with the coolest Candy Cane Cake and Donut Wall! If you’ve never been to a party with a donut wall, prepare to be amazed. And the only way to make sure everyone loves your holiday treats? Make them with Dunkin’ Donuts! Because America runs on Dunkin’!
Candy Cane Crunch Donut Cake
- Dunkin’ Donuts Candy Cane Crunch Donuts
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 1/8 cup vegetable oil 2 teaspoons vanilla extract 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3 large eggs
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened 12 ounces white chocolate, melted and cooled slightly
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- Unwrapped candy canes
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, mix together chocolate cake mix, vegetable oil, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, peppermint extract and eggs. Beat until full combined.
- Pour into a greased and floured cake pan and bake 20 – 25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before frosting. Level the top of the cake with a bread knife so it’s flat.
- To make frosting, beat butter with an electric mixer on medium speed until creamy. Gently add in white chocolate, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract and confectioners’ sugar. Beat on low until light and fluffy. Frost cake, making sure to set some frosting aside for donuts.
- Once cake is frosted, begin layering cake with Dunkin’ Donuts Candy Cane Crunch Donuts. Each layer should be about 4 donuts. Alternate the spacing for a fun look. Use frosting to keep donuts together.
- When your donuts have reached your desired height, stick unwrapped candy canes all around the cake. Use more frosting to help them stick to the cake if necessary. Once covered in candy canes, wrap with a red ribbon, serve and enjoy!
Making The Donut Wall
- Dunkin’ Donuts
- Paint roller
- Hand saw
- Lay the pegboard down on a protected surface.
- Paint and repeat until the color is even. Let dry.
- Cut dowels into 4 in long pieces
- Sand the dowel ends to get a nice, clean finish.
- Insert the dowels into the pegboard and top with donuts. Easy!