3 Ways To Celebrate Slow-Cooker Season
By Cooking Panda
Slow cookers aren’t just for roasts and stews. Your creativity is only limited by your own imagination (kind of). Branch out beyond the basics and try these three mouth-watering meals you can make using easy-to-find ingredients you might already have on hand.
- Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken Sliders: Perfect for game day. Or any day that ends in “y,” really.
- Slow Cooker Chicken Salsa Verde: A tasty meal that makes your home smell heavenly.
- Slow Cooker Lime Garlic Chicken Tacos: This super-simple recipe is a taco-night game-changer.
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Use 1 pound PERDUE FIT & EASY Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts and 1 pound PERDUE FIT & EASY Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs for your BBQ Chicken Slider recipe.
- Use 1 pound PERDUE FIT & EASY Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts for your Chicken Salsa Verde recipe.
- Use 1 pound PERDUE FIT & EASY Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs for your Lime Garlic Chicken Taco recipe.
- Use lettuce and tomato to top your BBQ sliders instead of coleslaw.
- You can use chicken stock instead of beer in your Chicken Salsa Verde.
- Use corn tortillas instead of hard taco shells for your Lime Garlic Tacos.
HERE’S YOUR SHOPPING LIST
Chicken (the best part)
- 2 pounds PERDUE FIT & EASY Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 2 pounds PERDUE FIT & EASY Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs
Fruits and Veggies
- 3 medium onions
- 2 limes
- 1 head garlic
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 1 package shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 container sour cream
- 1 package slider or small potato rolls
- 1 jar roasted salsa verde
- 1 (32-ounce) carton reduced sodium chicken stock
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 package corn tortillas
Things You Probably Already Have on Hand
- Olive oil
- Black pepper
- Brown sugar
- Apple cider vinegar
- Worcestershire sauce
- Sriracha or hot sauce