Gluten free Keto Power
By Cooking Panda
Gluten-free, Sugar-free Chocolate Cake Full of Keto Power could be a Reality if You Follow This Recipe
Everyone wants to be on a keto diet, but very few are motivated enough to quit eating chocolate cake. And as soon as you stuff yourself with it, your new year resolutions come crashing down. But what if there was a way where you neither had to sacrifice nor face the guilt. With a number of 2.5 net carbs per slice,the chocolate cake made from the recipe mentioned below will surely help you achieve your goals. It is gluten-free, sugar-free, and is packed with keto power.
Before going on to the instructions lets first take a look at the ingredients, you should have with you before you start making the cake:
- 300 g / 10.5 oz unsweetened chocolate
- 1/2 cup or 50g almond flour or ground almonds
- 1 cup or 150g powdered erythritol
- 300 g or 10.5 oz butter unsalted (1 1/3 cup melted)
- 6 eggs
- pinch of salt
- First, heat the oven to a temperature of 170 Celsius / 340 Fahrenheit. (However, If you are at a higher altitude, then increase the oven temperature by about 10 Celsius / 25 Fahrenheit.)
- In the microwave, melt the chocolate and the butter and chocolate (ca 90 seconds – see notes), then stir and wait until they get dissolved. Alternatively, you can also gently heat in a water bath (a heatproof bowl that is placed over a pan that contains boiling water). Set it aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs till it becomes foamy. Once it becomes foamy, add the sweetener and then mix well.
- Add the melted chocolate, butter and the the almond flour. After that, stir with a spoon or spatula until the mixture becomes perfectly combined.
- Use parchment paper to line the bottom of a 20 cm / 8-inch springform with parchment paper and also grease the sides with butter. Once done, pour in the cake batter and then bake for ca 30 minutes on the middle shelf. Do this until you find that the top and middle of the cake has become firm.
- Leave it to cool and then release it from the cake tin. Once the cake has cooled off, you can dust it with cocoa powder as per your taste.