Easy Crockpot Lasagna Recipe for a Quick Post-Workday Dinner
By Emily Comos
Getting home from a long work day, the last thing you want to do is spend hours trying to figure out what to make for dinner just to end up ordering something below average out of frustration. The simple solution for the post-workday dinner slump is to first invest in a crockpot. There are many different sizes and models available that won’t break the bank and make cooking so much quicker and easier. Once you have this essential kitchen tool, the possibilities are endless! In particular, this healthy crock pot lasagna recipe is a twist on an Italian classic that saves you so much time and effort in the long run. You can prepare everything in the morning and have a delicious meal waiting for you when you get home plus leftovers for the next night. Check out these simple steps to cooking your own crockpot lasagna below.
Healthy Crock-Pot Lasagna
Cook Time: 4 hours
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- Lasagna noodles
- 1 jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 1/2 cups cottage cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Brown ground beef and drain. Spoon 1 C. spaghetti sauce in bottom of 4 quart crock pot.
- Mix remaining sauce with beef. Place 2 uncooked lasagna noodles on sauce in crock pot.
- Spread 1/3 meat mixture on top of noodles.
- Spread 3/4 C. cottage cheese over meat. Sprinkle 1/2 C. mozzarella cheese over cottage cheese.
- Add another layer of uncooked noodles, 1/3 meat mixture, the remaining cottage cheese and 1/2 C. mozzarella cheese.
- Place another layer of uncooked noodles, meat mixture, and mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over top.
- Cook on low for 4 hours.