Cranberry Swirl Cheesecake
By Cooking Panda
Cranberry Swirl Cheesecake Squares Taste as Good as its Name
Cranberry swirl cheesecake squares are perfect for every moment. But what about the guilt associated with eating it? That is true, The guilt does strike but not if you try the following recipe. The cranberry swirl cheesecake squares with a gingersnap pecan crust bring in loads of goodness and no remorse whatsoever.
So before the steps to follow, let’s look at the necessary ingredients you need by your side.
For the cranberry sauce:
- 3/4 cup fresh cranberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh orange zest
For the Crust:
- 3 oz gingersnap crumbs, from 12 gingersnap cookie, I used Nabisco brand
- 1 oz pecans, crushed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons light butter, melted
For the Cheesecake:
- 8 oz 1/3 less fat cream cheese
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 oz nonfat Greek yogurt, Chobani
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon flour
- Preheat the oven to about 350 degrees F. Once done, place a rack in the middle position of the oven.
- Use a waxed paper to line an 8×8-inch baking pan. Be sure to leave a 2-inch overhang on all the sides.
- This is where the preparation of the cranberry sauce starts. In a small saucepan, mix the cranberries, sugar, water, and orange zest.
- Keep cooking until the cranberries begin to burst, and the mixture starts becoming syrupy, it should take about 6-7 minutes. Remove from the heat and leave it to cool, and in the meantime, you can prepare the remaining ingredients.
- In a small bowl, mix the gingersnap crumbs, crushed pecans, and light butter. Stir together so that the bits moisten and then pour into the prepared baking pan. Be sure to spread in an even layer. To make sure that the crust is even, you can use the bottom of a drinking glass.
- Take a medium bowl and, in it, beat the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla extract with an electric mixer until the mixture becomes smooth. This is where Greek yogurt, egg whites, lemon juice, and flour are added and mixed until just combined.
- Then the cheesecake mixture is poured into the pan and over the crust and smoothen it out with a spatula.
- The cooled cranberry mixture is added to a food processor and puree until it smoothens. You can add ½ tablespoon water if you feel that the mixture is getting too thick. With a spoon, drop the cranberry sauce over the cheesecake, and then with a butter knife, swirl the cranberry sauce.
- Now in the preheated oven, bake the cheesecake for about 25 minutes.
- Once done, let the cheesecake cool down to room temperature. And then place it in the fridge for a few hours so that it gets well chilled. Once chilled, cut it into squares and done! It’s ready to serve.