Coronavirus Leads To Limited Supplies at Costco
By Cooking Panda
In the midst of the Coronavirus pandemic, people all over the world are rushing to stock up on food, supplies, and household items to prepare for quarantine. With the disease spreading rapidly abroad, and now, America, demand for survival items are skyrocketing and supplies are becoming limited.
Manufacturers definitely didn’t see this coming. With heightened efforts to disinfect and sanitize, items like Clorox wipes, hand sanitizers, paper towels, and such are being wiped from store shelves all over the nation, including major retailers like Costco. Usually a place where people visit to purchase bulk items, people are running to Costco to ensure they have everything they need to get through the quarantine.
Items like water, paper goods, gloves, and jarred/packaged foods are clearing at a rapid pace and Costco is beginning to place purchase quantity limits to certain items in order to regulate supply and demand.
Taking precautions by stocking up on necessary items for quarantine is recommended as schools and businesses are closing. It is important to keep in mind other precautions to remain healthy and safe. Here are a few tips on how to protect yourself:
- Thorough frequent hand-washing using warm water and soap
- Use hand sanitizer containing at least 60% alcohol
- Avoid touching nose, eyes, or mouth
- Keep distance between yourself and others and avoid close contact with those who appear to be sick
- Stay home if you are sick, and cover your nose and mouth if you sneeze or cough
- Clean and disinfect commonly used share spaces/surfaces/handles/items (this includes your phone!)
Stay safe, make smart decisions, and put your health first!