It's easy, it's cheesy, it's got spinach, it's Spinach Stuffed Baked Chicken! Yes please!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 ounces spinach
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup flour
- 3 eggs, beaten (for egg wash)
- 2 cups panko
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking tray with parchment and set aside.
2) Heat olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Add spinach, season with salt and pepper and cook until spinach is wilted.
3) In a bowl, mix together wilted spinach, cream cheese, mozzarella, garlic powder and chili powder.
4) Butterfly chicken breasts and add 2 heaping tablespoons of spinach mixture. Close chicken.
5) Dredge stuffed chicken first in flour, then in egg wash and finally in panko. Make sure chicken is fully coated.
6) Place coated chicken on baking tray. Bake for 20 - 25 minutes or until panko has lightly browned and chicken is cooked through.
7) Remove from oven and cool for 5 minutes. Serve and enjoy!