These no-bake bars are super easy, delicious and healthy.
3 hours and 30 minutes fridge time
- 1 cup dried apricots
- 3 cups pecans; 2 cups whole, 1 cup chopped
- 2 teaspoons liquid coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 3/4 cup liquid coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 8 ounces dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
Instructions1) Soak dried apricots in hot water for 45 minutes to soften them.
2) In a food processor or blender, add 3/4 cup soaked dried apricots, 1 cup of pecans, 1 teaspoon of the liquid coconut oil and salt. Blend until it turns into a chunky dough like consistency.
3) Grease and line a pan (circle or square) with parchment paper, and press the mixture into the bottom in an even layer.
4) Add the peanut butter, 1/4 cup apricots, nutmeg, cinnamon, 1 cup pecans, maple syrup, honey and 3/4 cup liquid coconut oil into the cleaned food processor or blender and blend until smooth. Evenly spread mixture over first layer in the pan. Place in the freezer.
5) In a heat resistant bowl, melt the chocolate chips with one teaspoon of coconut oil. When glossy, mix in 1 cup of roughly chopped pecans.
6) Remove crust from the freezer and cover with pecan chocolate and coconut flakes. Refrigerate for 3 hours, top with chocolate sauce, serve and enjoy!