Don't worry, we figured out that you should have Honey Garlic Pork Chops for dinner tonight.
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 6 center loin pork chops, well-trimmed
- Olive oil
- FOR THE HONEY GARLIC SAUCE
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 to 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
1) In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs and water. Set aside.
2) In a large bowl, whisk together flour, nutmeg, cayenne pepper, ginger, black pepper, salt and paprika.
3) Season pork chops with salt and pepper, dredge in flour mixture, then in egg mixture and in the flour mixture one more time, making sure the pieces are fully coated.
4) Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the pork chops and cook, adjusting the heat as necessary so the pork chops don't burn. Cook for about 4 to 5 minutes per side. Remove from skillet and drain.
5) To make the honey garlic sauce, add olive oil and minced garlic to a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook until the garlic softens. Add honey, soy sauce and black pepper. Stir to combine. Simmer for 5 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
6) Coat cooked pork chops in honey garlic sauce, serve and enjoy!