All the ways you can eat apple pie for dessert are endless. Try something fun and new with Apple Pie Tacos!
15 - 20 minutes
10 - 12
- 4 Granny Smith apples, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 10 - 12 six inch flour tortilla
- 2 cups vegetable oil for frying
- 1/2 cup cinnamon-sugar
- Whipped cream and caramel sauce for toppings
1) In a sauce pan over medium heat add apples, water, cinnamon, nutmeg and sugar. Mix well until apples are coated. Cover and continue cooking on medium for 10 minutes or until apples are soft. Remember to stir often.
2) Heat oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet. Carefully fold your tortillas in half, using tongs to keep it folded. Place the bottom of the tortilla in the oil for a few seconds. Lay on it’s side and fry until golden brown on both sides. Repeat to create all of your taco shells.
3) Remove shells from oil and drain on a paper towel lined plate. Cover shells with cinnamon-sugar.
4) Gently spoon taco shells wth apple pie mixture and top with whipped cream, more cinnamon-sugar and caramel sauce.
5) Serve and enjoy!