By Jenny Pham
What on earth could be better than a pan of thick and cheesy lasagna? Chocolate Lasagna! At least for those with the biggest sweet tooth.
If you love a good “Dirt Pudding Cup”, Oreo Cheesecake, or “Zebra Cake” to cap off your meal, then you’re in for a real treat here.
Chocolate Lasagna is the beautiful food baby of the three aforementioned desserts, composed of Oreo, chocolate pudding, cream cheese, and whipped cream layers.
To enhance the recipe, mini chocolate chips are added to add a crunch that is taken away from the Oreo crumbs as they soak up the moisture from the whipped cream and pudding.
As a hybrid of multiple desserts, these layers are so light and airy, but also provides a satisfying crunch that will keep you coming back for more.
The chocolate flavors are balanced out with the refreshing whipped cream and cream cheese, yielding a dessert that doesn’t make you feel like you want to curl up and sulk in a food coma immediately.
If you want to further elevate this dessert, feel free to add peanut butter chips or toffee pieces atop the finished lasagna for an even bigger party for your taste buds.
- 1 (14.3 oz) package of regular Oreo cookies – about 36 cookies
- 6 tbsp butter, melted
- 8 oz package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp of cold milk, any kind
- 12 oz tub Cool Whip, divided
- 2 (3.9 oz) packages Chocolate Instant Pudding
- 3 1/4 additional cups of cold milk
- 1 1/2 cups mini chocolate chips
- Optional: peanut butter chips or toffee
- Place 36 Oreo cookies in a large ziplock bag and crush into fine crumbs.
- Transfer the Oreo crumbs to a large bowl and stir in 6 tbsp of melted butter. Mix until incorporated. Press a layer of the Oreo and butter mixture in a 9×13 inch baking dish and place into the fridge to set.
- In a large bowl, mix cream cheese until light and fluffy. Add 2 tbsp of milk and sugar – mix well. Stir in 1 and ¼ cup of Cool Whip and once combined, spread the mixture over the refrigerated Oreo crust.
- In a small bowl, combine chocolate instant pudding with 3 ¼ cup cold milk. Whisk until pudding thickens. Spread pudding over the cream cheese/whipped cream layer and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Spread the remaining whipped cream over the pudding layer and sprinkle on toppings.
- Place in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or until firm before serving.