Cut down on carbs without sacrificing flavor with this tasty taco recipe made with Real California ingredients!
- 2 tablespoons Real California butter
- 3 (6- to 7-inch) corn tortillas, halved and cut into 1/4-inch strips
- Salt, to taste
- 3/4 cup Real California sour cream or creme fraiche
- 1 chipotle pepper (from a can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce), minced, or more to taste
- 12 iceberg lettuce leaves, trimmed into a bowl shape
- 1 pound cooked chicken, shredded
- 2 cups tender cilantro sprigs
- 1/2 cup crumbled Real California Cotija cheese (optional)
Instructions1) In large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add tortilla strips and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and crisped, about 4 minutes. Remove to a plate and sprinkle with salt. Set aside.
2) In small bowl, combine sour cream and chipotle pepper. Add salt (and additional chipotle peppers to taste, if desired). Set aside.
3) Fill lettuce leaves with chicken, cilantro, tortilla strips, some chipotle mixture and cheese, if using. Serve with remaining chipotle mixture on the side.