When you picture a classic TV dinner, where does your mind go? Because wherever it is, we're about to change it with this delicious recipe for a homemade TV dinner featuring Salisbury steak and sauteed veggies! We're changing the TV dinner, just like Roku is changing the way you watch TV.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Olive oil
- 3 purple potatoes
- 2/3 cup fresh green beans
- 1 1/2 cups mushroom gravy
1) In a large mixing bowl, combine ground beef, egg, breadcrumbs, ketchup, yellow mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Mix well. Shape the mixture into four patties.
2) Heat 1/2 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet. Place meat patties in skillet and cook for 4 to 5 minutes on each side, or until cooked to your liking. Remove patties from skillet and set aside.
3) Wash and thinly slice purple potatoes. Wash green beans and cut them in half.
4) Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in skillet. Add potatoes, season with salt and pepper, and saute for 5 minutes. Add green beans and season with more salt and pepper. If necessary, drizzle more olive oil. Stir consistently until cooked through.
5) Divide veggies onto four plates, adding one Salisbury steak to each plate. Top with mushroom gravy, serve and enjoy!