This lightly sweet treat made with Real California cottage cheese tastes like dessert but is full of protein!
- 2/3 cup Real California cottage cheese
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sliced almonds, lightly toasted and chopped (plus extra for garnish)
- 1 orange, peeled and segmented
- 1 kiwi, peeled and sliced into rounds
Instructions1) Lightly mix together the cottage cheese, honey and almonds.
2) On a plate or in a shallow bowl, arrange a layer of fruit, then top with a spoonful of the cottage cheese mixture. Repeat to make one more layer.
3) Garnish with extra almonds.
Variation: You can substitute an 8-ounce container of prepared citrus segments for the fresh fruit.