Add more cheese and thinly sliced turkey to increase the protein in this simple wrap. Besides using it in a roll-up, the hummus is a great dipping sauce for veggie sticks, whole-grain pita bread, tortillas or tortilla chips.
- FOR THE HUMMUS
- 1 (15-ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 cup chopped Real California Pepper Jack cheese (about 4 ounces)
- 6 tablespoons Real California plain yogurt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- FOR THE ROLL-UPS
- 4 (8- to 9-inch) whole-grain flour tortillas
- 1 cup Cheesy Mexican Hummus
- 3/4 cup shredded Real California Pepper Jack or Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 1/2 cup fresh pico de gallo (see tip)
- 12 thin slices smoked turkey (about 6 ounces)
Instructions1) Make the hummus: In the bowl of a food processor, combine beans, cheese, yogurt, lime juice and cumin; process until smooth. (Makes 2 cups.)
2) Make the roll-ups: Place tortillas on a work surface and spread with hummus. Top with cheese, olives, pico de gallo and turkey, then roll up tightly. Serve as is, halved or cut into bite-sized pieces.
Tip: Look for pico de gallo in the produce section of your supermarket.