5-Minute Cheddar Cheese Popcorn
By Jenny Pham
Movie nights are regular activities for most of us. There’s nothing better than cozying up on the couch and flipping on a good show or movie to mindlessly watch and forget about all of your responsibilities. But what’s a movie without a nice big bowl of popcorn right beside you? We’ve got the perfect snack to accompany any movie night for yourself and your friends – but trust us, you’ll want this all to yourself.
Popcorn, cheese, and butter – what more could you ask for? We’re always in the mood for a salty, cheesy snack and what makes this recipe even better is that you can prepare it in just 5 minutes. You could go a few routes when you’re making this, but we’re opting for the ultimate time saver and using microwaveable popcorn. A healthier alternative would be to pop kernels right on the stove top with minimal oil or in an airpop popcorn machine, but we’re going all out for this one.
- 1 bag of microwavable popcorn (lightly salted)
- 4 tbsp of melted butter
- ¼ cup of shredded cheese of choice (we opted for cheddar cheese)
- Pop the popcorn according to the instructions on the box
- Pour popped kernels into a bowl, drizzle with melted butter, and shower it with shredded cheese
- To add more flavor, feel free to add spices like paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, paprika, chili pepper, cayenne, and salt (secret: this will make your popcorn taste like Doritos)