- STUFFED ARTICHOKES
- 4-6 large fresh artichokes
- Plain bread crumbs (15 oz)
- Olive oil (25.5 fl. oz bottle)
- 1 bulb fresh garlic
1.Peel and separate cloves of garlic and cut garlic into small pieces, set aside.
2. Cut off tops of archokes so that the tops are straight and even.
3. Cut stems off bottom of artichokes so the artichoke stands flat.
4. Rinse artichokes thoroughly under running water as you spread the leaves apart.
5. Generously stuff garlic and bread crumbs in the leaves of the artichoke.
6. Pour olive oil very generously deep down into the leaves, covering the garlic and
7. Pour about 1-1/2 inches of water in a large roasting pan and place artichokes in
pan. Cover tightly with aluminum foil so that no steam escapes during cooking.
8. Cook at 325 degrees for about 2 hours. Check after 1-1/2 hours since oven
temperatures may vary.
9. Artichokes are done when you can insert a knife into the center of the artichoke
and the heart is tender. –
You can adjust the amounts of bread crumbs, garlic and olive oil to suit individual
taste. Our family loves lots of everything!