- - half teaspoon minced or grated garlic
- - 14 oz. of dried somen noodles
- - 1/4 cup of soy sauce (Japanese)
- - one teaspon of grated ginger
- - two teaspon of sesame oil
- - 1/4 cup mirin
- - Green onions
- - 1 teaspoon chili flakes, chili garlic sauce, or chili paste
- - steamed vegetable(optional)
- - grilled meat (optional)
- - water to make it less salty (optional)
Looking for a dish served cold to combat the heat of the summer? Try out Japanese somen noodles. This oriental dish is very simple to prepare and make. The dried somen noodles are delicate, thin, and quick to cook. Somen noodles takes about ten minutes to cook and can be used with numerous different types of sauces including pasta mixed with grilled meat.
For an authentic Japanese somen dish try out this sweet soy-ginger sauce somen simple recipe. With just 8 easy to get ingredients and in less then thirty minutes you will have produced a tasty meal that serves for four.
Step 1- Cook somen noodles according to package
Step 2- Drain the noodles and set aside.
Step 3- In a bowl mix all of the ingredients.
Step 4- Apply sauce over the noodles.
Step 5- Serve cold and enjoy!