Coriander is a wonderful aromatic, and seasons food beautifully, but it doesn’t just work as a spice, which is how most of us probably experience it, but also as a wonderful staple as a green, through the use of cilantro. Try the featured Salata Ducos – Green Coriander Salad Middle Eastern Recipe and see what’s possible with this wondrous ingredient.
1. Grill tomatoes over medium to low heat.
2. Peel the skin off of tomatoes, chop, and then puree in a food processor.
3. Sprinkle some sea salt into puree, pulse once more, and set aside.
4. Chop up chili peppers and coriander, and then puree.
5. Add the chili-coriander mixture to the tomato puree, and fold in to allow flavors to marry.
6. Add the lemon juice, coriander spice, and the remaining salt, and blend well.
7. Chill until ready to serve.
The above Salata Ducos – Green Coriander Salad Middle Eastern Recipe is quite delightful and refreshing. For authenticity, you can grind your coriander and chili peppers using a pestle and mortar set up, but it’s not necessary. If you’ll have an audience before serving, and want to impress your friends, you might consider it; but if not, a Cuisinart works just as well.