Refreshing Lychee Salad Simple Recipe
The lychee is a small fruit that has a red rind, a translucent, juicy pulp on the inside and a small brown seed. This fruit, which can be bought canned or fresh, makes for a refreshing fruit salad especially with this lychee salad recipe.
For this lychee salad recipe, you require the following ingredients:
2 cups fresh or canned lychees
3 pieces of finely cut ginger
2 tablespoons of lychee syrup
1 lemon’s or lime’s zest and juice
200 g of halved and seeded black grapes
1 cored and chopped apple
To prepare the salad:
1. Drain the canned lychees over a bowl using a sieve and discard half the syrup. If you are using fresh lychees, pour the syrup into a bowl.
2. Add the lychees, ginger and lemon or lime zest and juice to the syrup.
3. Peel the oranges with a sharp knife while holding them over a bowl so as to avoid losing some of the juice.
4. Separate the orange segments and add them to the bowl.
5. Add the grapes and apple and toss to mix
6. Serve the lychee salad in small bowls and decorate it with shredded lemon or lime zest.