- 1 18.5 ounce box of yellow cake mix (plus the ingredients called for in the package directions)
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 15 ounce can pumpkin puree
- 2 8 ounce bars cream cheese that are at room temperature
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 24 pieces of candy corn
For those of you who are interested in making Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting but don’t know where to find a recipe maybe this will help. This recipe makes twenty four cupcakes and takes forty minutes to complete.
Step 1- Heat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line two 12 cup muffin with paper liners. Follow the cake mix instructions but change the following: Add the pumpkin spice and change the the water for the can of pumpkin puree called for in the directions.
Step 2- Put the batter in the muffin tins and bake until a toothpick that you put into the center of the cupcake comes out without any batter on it, 18 to 22 minutes. Let cool.
Step 3- For the frosting, using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and the sugar until it’s creamy. Spread the cream cheese on the cupcakes and place a piece of candy corn on top of the cupcakes.