- 1 (16 ounce) package of dried navy beans
- 6 cups of water
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can of diced tomatoes
- 1 onion that is chopped
- 2 stalks celery that are chopped
- 1 clove garlic that is minced
- 1/2 pound of chopped ham
- 1 cube of chicken bouillon
- 2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon of dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons of garlic powder
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups of water
For those of you looking to make a Navy Bean Soup but are not sure where to find a recipe, maybe this will help you. This recipe serves 9 and takes 4 hours and 10 minutes to cook. This is a hearty soup that will warm you up on a cold day. It serves well with cornbread and is a keeper.
Step 1- Combine the beans, tomatoes, water, onion, ham, celery, garlic, bouillon, parsley, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, and bay leaf in a big pot; bring it to a boil. Lower the heat and cover. Let it simmer for two hours.
Step 2- Add the additional water. Season it with salt and pepper. Let simmer for another two hours. Take out the bay leaf. Serve.