Side dishes are served to complement the starch and protein item in the plate. Most side dish recipes are composed of single or a number of assorted vegetables. Mixed Roasted vegetables is one of the most interesting ways of cooking side dish recipes involving vegetables besides the typical sautéed variety.
- ¼ kilo carrots, cut in 1-inch thick pieces
- 1 piece white radish, cut in 1-inch thick pieces
- 3-5 pieces red radish, sliced in half
- 1 piece zucchini, cut in ½-inch thick slices
- 1 large bell peppers, cut into 1×1 inch square
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 sprig fresh parsley, leaves only, chopped
- ½ cup Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees Celsius.
- In a baking pan, mix all the ingredients in.
- Sprinkle it with thyme, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Toss well until everything is coated with oil and seasoned evenly.
- Pop in the oven and roast vegetables until cooked while mixing once in a while. Serve warm.
This side dish recipe requires roasting the vegetables in the oven. To know if vegetables are done, get a fork, toothpick or a bamboo or metal skewer. Stick it through the carrot or radish, or through the vegetable that is the hardest to cook. If it goes through smoothly, then it’s done.