We got lots of delicious side dish recipes and here’s one that you can try eating either cold or hot. Side dishes like this one is ideal for summer, especially during barbeque party, dinner with friends, family gathering, or any occasion for that matter. Have this simple side dish paired with something roasted or anything grilled.
- 1lb of French beans washed
- 1/2 red onion, sliced very thinly
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/4 cup black pitted olives, cut into quarters
- 1/2 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- In a bowl, mix the oil, vinegar, salt and pepper altogether and set aside.
- Bring to boil 2 cups of water in a pan or water just enough to cover the beans. Add salt to boiling water.
- Add the beans and let simmer for 15 – 20 minutes, beans should be cooked but still firm.
- Drain using a colander and hold under cold water for a few seconds or until beans get cold.
- Toss the beans with the dressing and serve with the onion rings on top.
Side dishes that call for uncooked red onions like this one have stronger flavor that those with cooked or white onions. If you want a lesser onion flavor, you can simply substitute white to red onions. When using French beans, make sure to trim off both ends and wash well before cooking.