- * 4 lb chicken wings
- * 1 cup peanut oil
- * 1/4 lb butter
- * 3 cups hot sauce
- * 2 tbsp chopped garlic clove
- * 2 red chile peppers
- * 2 yellow wax peppers
- * 2 habanero peppers
- * 2 Thai chile peppers
- * 2 jalapeno peppers
- * 1/8 tsp sea salt
- * 1/8 tsp ground pepper
Feel The Heat With This Pepper Chicken Wing Recipe!
Well, as the song goes, some like it hot, ready or not! And these chicken wings are indeed hot! With this wonderful blend of different peppers, it has not only a fiery hot flavor, but also a very complex flavor. If you thought your regular style of Buffalo wings can be quite spicy and hot, just wait until you try these! The below featured Pepper Chicken Wing Recipe is a great way to not only get some heat going, but also enjoy a lot more flavor than the typical hot sauce might allow for.
1. Segment chicken wings into sections. Dispense with wing tips or use for another recipe, such as chicken stock.
2. Seed and chop all peppers.
3. Preheat oven 400 degrees.
4. Fill deep fryer or frying pan with oil and heat to 300 degrees.
5. Fry wing pieces up to 15 minutes in batches, turning occasionally. Drain on paper towels; immediately transfer wings to baking dish.
6. Immediately broil 7 minutes a side, turning once, and broiling another 7 minutes. Set aside.
7. Transfer butter to a medium stock pot, and melt over medium heat.
8. Add hot sauce, garlic clove, and chopped peppers. Stir to infuse flavors.
9. Reduce heat to either low or medium low, and continue to sauté/simmer for another 15 minutes, until peppers soften.
10. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
11. Pour pepper mixture over wings.
12. Lower oven to 350 degrees.
13. Bake wings another 10 minutes.
14. Serve immediately with plenty of cold drinks and some blue cheese dressing on hand.
The above Pepper Chicken Wing Recipe is definitely one hot number, but don’t let all the fire power fool you. It has plenty of complex flavor and will take your taste buds on one dynamite roller coaster ride.