- -Pie Crust
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, chilled and cut into cubes
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup cold water
- 2 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 3/4 cups evaporated milk
- 3 pieces raw eggs
- 1 piece egg, white separated from the yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup granulated sugar
1. Create the crust
1.1 Combine the flour, sugar, and salt then mix well.
1.2 Add the butter in the middle and mix using a pastry mixer.
1.3 Gradually pour the cold water while mixing the ingredients. Continue mixing until all the ingredients are well incorporated.
1.4 Gather the dough and mold it into a ball-shaped figure.
1.5 Refrigerate the dough for at least 30 minutes to harden the butter.
1.6 Sprinkle flour on a clean flat surface and flatten the refrigerated dough using a rolling pin. The flattened dough should be wide enough to cover a 9 inch circular baking pan.
1.7 Arrange the flattened dough on top of the baking pan and cut the extra edge using a pair of scissors.
1.8 Refrigerate while doing the filling.
2. Make the filling
2.1 Scald the evaporated milk by heating it in the microwave oven for 2 minutes.
2.2 In a large mixing bowl, combine the 3 raw eggs and the separated egg yolk then whisk.
2.3 Gradually add the granulated sugar while whisking.
2.4 Put-in the vanilla extract then whisk until every ingredient is properly distributed.
2.5 Pour-in the scalded milk then mix thoroughly.
2.6 Beat the separated egg white using an electric mixer until it forms soft peaks.
2.7 Fold the processed egg white in the milk-eggs-sugar mixture.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
4. Pour the filling mixture on the refrigerated pie crust.
5. Bake for 15 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit then lower the heat to 325 degrees Fahrenheit and continue baking for 30 to 40 minutes.
6. Remove the egg pie from the oven and let cool.
7. Serve for dessert. Share and enjoy!